Please come and join me for our next wine workshop designed to explore the various styles of sparkling wines and discover what makes each of them so special.
Expanding on our highly popular workshop "How To Taste Like A Pro", this class will also help us learn the specific "markers" that enable a wine pro to identify the styles in a blind tasting.
Using a systematic approach to tasting, we will also be able to pinpoint origin, evaluate quality, and recognize wine making techniques used to craft each styles.
This class is designed for wine lovers with advanced levels of tasting knowledge in particular those who have participated to our previous "How To Taste" workshops as well as WSET students Level 3 and Level 4.
In our session on 26 May, we will taste:
- Raventos i Blanc L’Hereu Brut Cava Reserva, Catalunya, Spain
- Cremant d'Alsace, Brut, Lucien Albrecht, Alsace, France
- Jacquesson, Cuvee 734, Champagne, France
- Sacchetto, Prosecco D.O.C., Spumante Brut, Italy
- 2010 Moscato d'Asti D.O.C.G., Vignaioli di S. Stefano, Italy
- 2006 Quartz Reef Methode Traditionelle, Central Otago, New Zealand
when: 26 May (Thursday), 19h00 to 21h00
where: The Fine Wine Center, 3rd Floor, Lee Gardens, Causeway Bay
price:For one class: $650, 3 x classes: $1,750, 5 x classes: $2,750
The series will also include the following workshops:
- Sauvignon Blanc on 09 June
- Pinot Noir on 16 june
Please inquire with The Fine Wine Center at email@example.com for more information on availability.
This tasting will be led by JC Viens, who is a Certified Tutor of the Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET) and a holder of the WSET Diploma (Merit). He is now studying to become Master of Wine. Avid wine lover and a storyteller, he has traveled extensively throughout the various wines regions around the world.